Pages

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Practice, Practice, Practice - Background!

It has been a year since I have started playing around with Photoshop. I never seem to run out of things do with it! I started off trying to digi-scrapbook, but I was a little nervous after looking at other people’s work. I felt like I wasn’t creative enough. Silly, right? But recently I have started experimenting with making blog backgrounds and other little projects. Maybe after I gain a little more confidence, I will try scrapbooking again. But for now take a look at my recently created background. I downloaded a few pieces from a couple of different sites and threw this together together. Like it?

Make sure to check out the scrapbook blog background tutorial to get started making your own background. It is an awesome beginners guide.

3 comments:

Kiana said...

First that blog background is awesome, I haven't quite mastered those yet! Second, aww don't be shy...I'd love to see your layouts. I was like that at the beginning, what someone told me, is that you are scrapping for YOU, your family, kids, life...so really they are YOUR memories. If you first pages aren't great you still documented the memory. My first pages weren't bad per say, but they were very plain and boring. It takes time. Also here's a link to a blog I like that has some designing tips. They are taken from art/graphic design. Check them out. http://suzyqscraps.com/2011/11/07/8-ways-to-improve-your-digital-scrapbook-layouts/?utm_source=SuzyQ+Scraps+Digital+Scrapbooking+Newsletter&utm_campaign=0d90ed8523-Fresh_Fruit_lullaby_20120113&utm_medium=email

Destiny said...

Thanks for the kind words, Kiana! You really made my day and that SuzyScraps post is most definitely helpful. This is probably what I need to get inspired.

Kiana said...

I'm so glad I could help. It's definitely different being on the learning side, when you go to forums and blogs and see all these "professional" looking pages, you feel like you're not up to par. I think for me, as long as my family is happy with my pages then I feel honored, I'm not a designer or trying to do this for money, it's all about the memories for me!